I am excited to announce that Dilwyn Tng of Silane Shrimp and I have agreed to bring his shrimp into the USA. Silane Shrimp sells livestock to some of the best shrimp dealers in Asia and Europe. My intention is to add Silane shrimp to my regular livestock inventory, but for this first order I have a pre-order opportunity going. The number of different varieties is too big, and I need some help figuring out what to buy (and what not to buy). The pre-order prices are 20-40% lower than what I think the retail prices will be, so this is a good opportunity to load up on a lot of different shrimp. I played fish-tetris all day in the fish room today, and emptied 50 tanks to get ready for this order!
Here are the links to the order forms. Two different Excel spreadsheet order forms that are interactive… hopefully one of them will work for you. If you cannot use the Excel files, there is also a PDF, but it is read-only. If you cannot use the Excel sheets, submit the order from the PDF list. Please include item number and item name with your order.
Excel 1 (.xlsx file)
Excel 2 (.xls file)
The details are on each of the files, but here are the basics:
- Orders are due to me by Sunday, December 27
- Shrimp will arrive to me the week of January 4
- Shrimp will be acclimated, quarantined and treated (if necessary) the week of their arrival
- Shipment to you will be the week of January 11 (weather permitting) by FedEx Priority Overnight
- There are minimums per shrimp (10 in most cases) and a $30 overall minimum order
- You will not be invoiced for the shrimp until we know what will be shipped to you. Payment due before shipping.
New in the Stock Shop… Paradigm Fish Food
Dehydrated foods are becoming very popular, and with good reason. Unlike flake and pellet foods, dehydrated foods are not subjected to extremely high temperatures that degrade the nutritional value. Paradigm is one of the first thoughtfully produces dehydrated diets that is being distributed for retail sales. I like the food. The fish eat it, and appear to be in good health. I feed a lot of different foods, and I still feed gel diets as the staple in my fish room. But sometimes it is just easier to sprinkle a dry food in the tank. I also like for my fish to see a wide range of foods, so that they are apt to eat anything, so adding a dehydrated food to the line up was going to happen at some point. And Paradigm Fish Foods meet the quality ingredient standards are require. Here is a link to the Stock Shop page with the food: Paradigm Fish Food
A couple highlights on the list (and the reasons I am ordering)…
Crenicichla compressiceps… the dwarf green pike cichlid and a very attractive price. I have been passing on this species from other suppliers because the retail price would have been $50/fish. They are on this list for $22.99.
Apistogramma rupununi… not the flashiest apisto, but still a nice, uncommon fish at $9.99 each.
Apistogramma agassizii… these fish are from Brazil, but there is no indication from where in Brazil. They could be from anywhere, or even a mix. But Brazillian aggies are different from Peru aggies, and at $11.99 each they are half the price wild pairs from Brazil are going for right now.
L201 and L204 plecos at $19.99 each!!!
Scleromystax barbatus…. WILD… $22.99 each. The last time I saw this species offered wild they were retailing for $50/fish. But the price is not the issue here. Are the fish really S. barbatus? They could be one of the other Scleromystax, which would make them an fantastic deal.
I am in this for the Sclero and the pikes…. jump on if you want something! I need these pre-orders by MONDAY morning 9:00 AM (CST). Sorry for the short turnover. Order details are on the spreadsheet. This time around the file type is .xls, so you should be able to open it. I have also included a .pdf copy, but it is not interactive.
Have a great weekend!
Here is a presales opportunity for this month. This supplier is a USA-based importer/wholesaler who gets a lot of fish from South America and West Africa. He has some Corydoras, Synodontis and westie cichlids I am after, so I figured we would start the ‘season’ with a presale.
Download the Pre-sale spreadsheet here: SA-WA_preorder_Sep2015
- fill out the spreadsheet and return it to me by TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 8 at 6:00 PM CST
- the fish will arrive to me on Thursday or Friday next week
- you will be invoiced via PayPal for the fish and Overnight shipping (based on your shipping address) sometime that weekend after the fish arrive
- fish will ship the following week… there is a section on the spreadsheet to tell me the day you want the fish to arrive
- I can also deliver fish to the GCCA swap on 9/3, or you can pick the fish up before 9/17
- Stock Shop disocunts our coupon codes are not applicable to pre-sale orders (the presale price is 30-50% below retail)
If you cannot manipulate the spreadsheet, please send me an email with everything that the spreadsheet asks for and your order. The email address to use is TJUDY@TEDSFISHROOM.COM
If you want to order something from the Stock Shop, please place the order through the website. When you are in the cart at checkout, choose ‘Pick Up’ so that the cart does not charge you shipping. Submit the order with a note telling me to ship the order with your pre-sale order.
American Cichlid Association www.cichlid.org
, Евгений Курочкин
, Ray Downs Jr.
, Richard Gonzalez
, William Garden Peragine
, Sergio Garciaguzman
, Michael Hurst
, Dan Larkins
, Wayne Leibel
, Jonathan Glen Augustine
, Robert Garcia liked this post
I am offering a pre-sales opportunity to order dwarf cichlids from the Czech Republic this week. Here is a link to the downloadable order spreadsheet:
Please read the instructions and notes at the top of the spreadsheet. Here are the essentials:
- Orders are due by Wednesday, July 8.
- Fish will arrive to me on July 13.
- You will receive an invoice for your fish and overnight shipping on Tuesday, July 14, please pay by Wednesday, July 15.
- Fish will be fed on Monday & Tuesday, then purged on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Fish will ship to you on Thursday afternoon for Friday AM arrival, unless we make other arrangements before I accept your order.
All the prices are per fish, even on the lines that say ‘pairs’. Those line items are SUPPOSED to be shipped in even sex ratios. Fish will be shipping to you in the sex ratio that I get them. Expect even ratios, or close to it. Please do not order one-sided ratios, such as 1 male and three females. I cannot ask Czech for that, and get what I get. Neither can I guarantee the quality or size of the fish, but I have ordered many times from this supplier and have been happy with the stock that arrives 95% of the time.
I do not have pictures of the different fish.
That’s about it… contact me if you have any questions.
, American Cichlid Association www.cichlid.org
, Karen Haas
, Kevin Michael Roberts
, Bob Woth
, Mike Helford
, Patrick Gray
, Sergio Ledo
, Natasha Patten
, Sai Thor
, Cassandra Mabob
, Michael Salter
, Carlos Walter Pereyra
, Gaillardia Aristata
, Jonathan Glen Augustine
, Austen Michaels liked this post
After months of work figuring out how to do it, the new Stock Shop and Store website is operational! Hopefully this new site will make ordering livestock, Repashy Superfood and supplies easier than before.
Please register as a customer on the site. No purchase necessary. Customers (as opposed to Guests and Visitors) we have access to bigger discounts on sale items and other incentives.
Put the site through its paces, and let me know if you find any bugs. I am really nervous about this launch!
Click to logo below to go see the new site:
Thank you S. T. for making this short video of unpacking one of my shipments.
There are now two new sizes for Repashy Superfood, 12oz and 70.4oz. These are replacing the discontinued 16oz and 64oz. I am also discontinuing the 6oz size, because there is little advantage to buying a 6oz jar when the 12oz jar is available for not that much more. The 3oz jars will continue to cost $8.99. This is intended to be an introductory size. The larger sizes are a better value per ounce of food. The 6oz jars are still in inventory, but will disappear as they are sold out.
The new packaging is plastic jars, which hold up better over time than the foil bags. The 70.4 oz jar includes a convenient scoop.
Haidar Adil Zidan
, Trent Foltz
, Bob Woth
, Mark La Roi
, Robert Young
, Phil Clary
, Patrick Gray
, Ed Millinger
, Austen Michaels
, Robert Ellermann
, Bill Shields
, Teresa Miller
, คางเกยไหล่ หล่ะ
, Vijendra Suryawanshi
, Lawrence Kent
, Jim Norris
, Jonathan Glen Augustine
, Adam Schneider
, Josh Deskin
, Ashley Smith
, Wayne Leibel
, Josha Vang
, Andrew Schwartz
, Johnson Curtis liked this post
A new import from Peru arrived last week with a lot of cool fish that I have not brought in before. The price lists are updated on the livestock page. Here are some of the highlights:
Corydoras stenocephalus – Rio Ucayali
Corydoras cf. semiaquilus – Rio Napo
Hyphessobrycon sp. ‘bleeding blue’
Lots of splash tetras…
I have not started photographing the Apistogramma yet, but new fish include:
- 3 different locations of A. cacatuoides
- A. nijsseni
- A. sp. Oregon
- A. pantalone
- A. bitaeniata ‘Rio Yavari’
- A. atahualpa
- A. alphuayo
- A. baenschi
- A. paulmueller ‘Apache’
- A. ortagai ‘papagayo’
There are also some oddball catfish: Helogenes marmoratus, Myoglanis koepckei & Denticetopsis seducta
And… because lots of you have asked for them…. more red wolf fish! Erythrinus erythrinus
Busy week here at TedsFishroom… Two new orders arrived last Thursday, but I have not seen them because I have been at the OCA Extravaganza for three days… but I am told that the fish are all doing well. Here are the new in stock lists. The EXCEL PRICE LIST now includes hyperlinks to pictures and informational web pages for some of the species. When I can make the time I will get pictures of most species loaded into the list.
We have a GREAT shipping winding (good weather) coming up the week of December 1… If you would like to place an order, let’s take advantage of it next week. I am not worried about holiday package volume with FedEx Express the first three weeks of December, and Christmas is late in the week this year. We will HOPEFULLY have three full weeks of shipping weather in December. Western New York got enough snow last week for all of us to enjoy for a white Christmas… here’s to having a beautiful, mild holiday season.
GCCA Swap – Dec. 7, 2014… I will be attending the swap and will be bringing PRESALE FISH to the event. I will probably bring some Repashy food to sell, but I will probably NOT bring bags of fish that are not pre-sold. So if you want fish at the GCCA swap… please place an order.
- More Apistogramma, including payaminonis… this is a NICE FISH!!!! Also in are nijsseni, sp. melgar, and locations of bitaeniata and aggasizii
- Some more common cories including pygmeae, arcuatus, zigatus and reticulatus
- More Copella vilmae
- Hypoptopoma sp. Peru/Orange… the ‘robocop’ oto… very cool nano catfish
- Hyphessobrycon loretoensis… 1″+ on this beautiful small tetra. Great in planted tanks
- Rineloricaria lanceolata…. fun, spawnable whiptail catfish
From Below Water in Canada (Oliver Lucanus):
- Nanochromis splendens and N. parilus (two locations of each)
- Congochromis cf. sabinae… very colorful!
- Three different, rare Steatocranus
- Corydoras araguaiensis ‘large spot’
- Two different dwarf Distichodus… one crimson red and the other emerald green… just in time for the holidays
- Tylochromis lateralis
- Odontocharacidium aphanes… the hummingbird tetra